Used 2007 Challenger 230 Advice

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamecat

Hello All,

Great forum, I see there is a lot of good experience in the members from all the posts I have read so far.

I am looking for some advice on buying a used 2007 Challenger 230, it's the SE and the 410 BHP model.

So far I have had a good look around it on the trailer and talked to the seller. There are a few chunks of gel coat which need repairing and I am told that the owner has just spent around $6000 to rebuild one of the engines.

What I would really appreciate is some advice on what to look for when buying a boat like this. Are there any known faults which I should check for, or common things that can go wrong if the boat has not been looked after well? What sort of checks would I do to see what kind of condition the boat is really in?

Any advice you guys could give me would be great!
Thanks in advance.

I'm curious why it needed a new engine after 2 or 3 years. I would find out what the root of the problem was. Could be something that may go wrong again and someone is trying to unload it. Or it could be a boat that was abused badly, if so, what else is beat up on it?

Engine rebuild

We were told that the boat was left unused for several months and when they came to restart it one engine was fine and the other had problems.
They said they suspected only one engine had been cleaned out properly by the boat yard after the last use.
I am tempted to beleive this given the high salinity of the sea water out here in the UAE.
Will having a look at the parts that were purchased during the rebuild give us an indication of the original problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back