Unknow plastic object wrapped around impeller

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Brendan Butters

Last summer we had something get stuck in one of our seadoos jet pump and we don’t know if it’s from the seadoo or if it’s something that was sucked up from the lake. We looked at the schematics and we did not see anything that looks like the remnants that where twisted up in the impeller. Nothing looks to be missing but the diameter is the same as the pump and wear ring. (2001 Seadoo XP)8FE39D26-9182-43D1-A19D-AFFFDBE3A568.jpeg5CAFA629-FECF-494E-A442-162E68BD6278.jpeg

Yea that’s what I originally thought but it’s intact but worn down a bit and we have one to replace it with. We currently think it’s some sort of gasket to prevent water escaping between the two major parts.
That's the inner plastic sleeve of the wear ring that has let loose from the white outer shell. You need a new wear ring

Yea that’s what I originally thought but it’s intact but worn down a bit and we have one to replace it with. We currently think it’s some sort of gasket to prevent water escaping between the two major parts.
This is a liner on the wear ring...You prob picked up a rock

This is what your wear ring should look like. If you look close....you'll see that that piece resembles the inner core

Attachments

• 9d69f532d4c13c13eb9676f9698f5e5a.jpg
    9d69f532d4c13c13eb9676f9698f5e5a.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 8
Thanks you guys for the help! Never expected a wear ring to have a liner always thought it’s one solid pice. We have a new wear ring but it does not have those holes on the rim are they required?

The OEM style wear ring is a two piece, and what I would replace with. The delrin wear rings are one piece, but I've not had good luck with the fit on those. Either too loose in the pump housing, or too large of a gap between impeller and ring.

The holes serve no purpose, and are probably just part of the manufacturing process

The OEM style wear ring is a two piece, and what I would replace with. The delrin wear rings are one piece, but I've not had good luck with the fit on those. Either too loose in the pump housing, or too large of a gap between impeller and ring.

The holes serve no purpose, and are probably just part of the manufacturing process
Noted!

Back