Underwater lights for less than $50 in Challenger 230

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DooGuy

Finally got around to installing the underwater lights on my 07 Challenger 230se. Being that I spent way over my budget on upgrading stuff this year than I should of and want to stay married I took a shot with the some cheap ones off Amazon. Read reviews and added silicone sealant to prevent leaks. Added three lights and each had three little holes. One for thru hull wire and the others for screws. Also used loctite’s fast cure equivalent to 5200 to seal up everything.

Super impressed with the brightness from these. The lake we were in was pretty murky and these lit up easily 10-15’ behind.

Here’s the light.
IMG_3818.JPG
Prep, tape around for easy clean up with 5200
IMG_3771.JPG
IMG_3774.JPG

IMG_3807.JPG
IMG_0398.JPGIMG_3783.JPG

Looks way better than iPhone picture
IMG_3803.JPG

very nice...…!

Great to see the positioning of the two, right-left lights. I had a center one put in under my exhaust in the Spring- which worked great, but the coverage you are getting with three is awesome. I'll have to find those lights to add for next year.

The other tip I loved was about the blue interior lights. Finished doing that right before July 4th so we could enjoy the fireworks with a dimly lit, blue interior. Kudos to you and a few others here for passing along that idea...

Next is the September Seadek sale!

2019-06-29 21.15.44.jpg2019-07-06 21.19.24.jpg

Thanks, very glad I went with three. I originally bought one and then decided that would be too little. The setup is just right for my taste.

Your cupwell lights came out great! I’m thinking I’m gonna change out the interior for dimmer blue leds inside. Was out late the other cruising and when flipped them on it was so bright had to turn them off until we were ready to dock.

Do you have a link or part number for these lights?

They look great.

Thanks, bought on Amazon prime day for a bit less than they are currently. I bought two from one and then the third from a different. They’re all the exact same thing just sold under different names.

Linkstyle 27LED Underwater Pontoon Marine Boat Transom Lights LED Navigation Lights, LED Underwater Transom Light for Boat IP68 Waterproof & Blue Light Amazon.com : Linkstyle 27LED Underwater Pontoon Marine Boat Transom Lights LED Navigation Lights, LED Underwater Transom Light for Boat IP68 Waterproof & Blue Light : Sports & Outdoors

Thanks for the link.

I don't see a lumen rating.
I was hoping to see how they compared to others in terms of brightness.

Not sure of the lumens, the sheet came with tried to compare to incandescent, the lights are from Asia, I can tell you having three on the back lights up bright up to about 8-10’ from the swim deck in cloudy water and then fades from there with furthest about 15-18’ which seems to be pretty standard. personally don’t want any further. Was parked next to a newer Tige with factory lights and it was comparable to their much more expensive system. My wants for underwater are satisfied with the three.

Is it just one drill hole to run the wires & then adhesive to mount them?
What do you use to seal around the wires running through the hull?

Is it just one drill hole to run the wires & then adhesive to mount them?
What do you use to seal around the wires running through the hull?

First Masked off around where the lights were going which I would recommend, makes it easier to clean up, then drilled one larger hole, 1/4” for the wire and then two smaller for the screws. Filled the holes and the area the base plate was going with Loctite fast cure marine adhesive. Then pushed the wire thru and then pushed a bunch more of the Loctite in and around the wire. Put Loctite sealant on both sides of the baseplate and the bottom of the light and then pushed all together and screwed it down. Wiped the excess that was squeezed out and Then put a bead around the base of light and smoothed out. So basically covered everything with an over abundance of the sealant.. also from the inside I added extra around where the wire came thru just for extra. Did I add more than was needed, yes, but it when all cleaned up it looks great and more importantly haven’t had one leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back