trying to decide on a boat

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

j zenz

We are looking at a Utopia SE and a Challenger 180 (both used). Does anyone have any opinion? We want to ski/tube, will use it in the ocean, and want the capacity to carry at least 5 or more people. Those of you who have a sea-doo: are you happy with it? Would you purchase it again? How much maintenance is the engine? How is it in open water? Do have any complaints/comments on the boat? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks, julieanne

i would go with the utopia in seating capacity. it's a little bigger. i have a seadoo ski and have been very happy with it. havent owned a boat... yet :)

Im too weak to be pushing a boat back into the water after the tides turned.;)

Challenger

I have the 97 sea doo challenger and it's plenty fast enough to pull a skier or tuber. I've even slalomed behind it. By myself, I can hit 50 mph and it performs like a jet ski. I go airborne when I hit the wake of larger boats. I usually have me, my wife and two children in the boat. It's suppose to hold 5, but I think 4 should be considered max in comfort......it's a great handling sport boat. From what I've read, the Utiopia is a bit bigger and seats more people plus it handles better in the open waters.

Well put. I have a '96 Speedster and it is a ton of fun, but if you do any ocean travels it'll beat you up.

Like j zenz I am also trying to figure out between 2 boats. The boat will be used in the ocean and adjacent rivers where the waters are less rough. I am looking at a 2001 Challenger 2000 and Utopia 185. Which one would be better?

Both are great, but what are you looking for in a boat? They offer slightly different experiences. That said, the challenger is the one I like more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back