Trim adjustment for 2002 challenger 1800

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmils

Im looking for an extended Ride Plate for my 2002 seadoo 1800 challenger. Wife is tired of the porpoising says its killing her back and I don't want to get rid of my boat. just looking for some help. Does adjusting the plate down really help that much, and does this boat have the have the nozzle adjustment bolt? Thanks ahead of time!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440949238_913801.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440949238_913801.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 29
There really isn't a way to trim that nozzle... but you can make some trim tabs out of aluminum. I had long ones on my old XP, and it made a world of difference. Mine were just 3/16" aluminum.

With that said... does your boat have a Mercury engine? If it does... you have a ride plate that is adjustable.

yes it has a ride plate just didn't know if I would need the extension I already have the adjustment bolts need to bring them down.

Hello,
I have a 2000 Challenger 1800 and was having the same problem.
Put a set of these on it and it have not had any problem since.
$125.00 on eBay!
Hope this helps.
Mike

46262QG_Page_2.jpg

Thank you. Did you lose any speed? Did the boat still turn and do doughnuts? I'm tired of the water being glass and my boat jumping around. I can cruise around 30-35 mph without the hop but why not do 50 if I can.

Thank you. Did you lose any speed? Did the boat still turn and do doughnuts? I'm tired of the water being glass and my boat jumping around. I can cruise around 30-35 mph without the hop but why not do 50 if I can.

I did not notice and lose in speed or maneuverability. I have the single Merc. Engine so cannot help you with what the twin engine setup would look like but being only 10" wide they should fit without an issue..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back