Transducer Mounting Location - GTR 215

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkeough

Hey, I'm new here, howdy!

I've searched the internet high and low, but I can't seem to find where to mount a transducer in-hull of the GTR 215. I understand that there is a mounting area built-in for the Seadoo depth finder, does anyone know where it is? I've looked around the inside of the hull, but I can't seem to find anything that pops out as a "put it here" spot to me. My transducer won't fit in the framespacing, as it is too long (Lowrance Elite 4 HDI).

Any help?

Did you have any luck? I have the same situation. I purchased the Elite 4HDI and I have no idea where to mount the transducer. If you figured it out please post a pic or two. The web has nothing.

Hey, I'm new here, howdy!

I've searched the internet high and low, but I can't seem to find where to mount a transducer in-hull of the GTR 215. I understand that there is a mounting area built-in for the Seadoo depth finder, does anyone know where it is? I've looked around the inside of the hull, but I can't seem to find anything that pops out as a "put it here" spot to me. My transducer won't fit in the framespacing, as it is too long (Lowrance Elite 4 HDI).

Any help?

Where did you mount Lowrance unit at? Did you use the factory mount or an aftermarket? I would love to flush mount it on my glove box cover, however; the angles of the cover make it seem impossible.

I also have a Lowrance Elite 4CHIRP. I am using the Tallon Systems mount which are purpose built for the Lowrance to mount it on the glovebox cover. Still in two minds on where or how to mount the transducer. If you have done this now and it works well I'd like to know. The CHIRP or HDI transducer apparently does not work as well through the hull. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The CHIRP or HDI transducer apparently does not work as well through the hull. Cheers

In my mind you are losing all the very cool features of those Downward Scanning units by installing in the hull. You will have no downward scanning which is what you paid for. Sorry to say, but you need to mount those on the outside of the hull in the water to take advantage of them.

My Lowrance transducer is in the hull, but I don't have downward scan, and all I lose is surface temp.

Good luck guys!

Thanks for that. Yes have decided to mount externally. Tallon systems have come up with a solution for me to be able to easily remove the transducer and I will store it away under seat when not in use. Cheers

Thanks for that. Yes have decided to mount externally. Tallon systems have come up with a solution for me to be able to easily remove the transducer and I will store it away under seat when not in use. Cheers

Hey Brent...a little late on this but thought I would share for others. I have an 01 GTX. I read thousands of posts on where to mount unit and transducer but nobody seemed to have a good option without drilling and cutting. I also didn't want holes in the transom for external mounting.

I mounted a lowrance 4X chartplotter fish finder in the following manner. I started by also buying the Ram Lite mount. The base fits perfectly between the two dash guages. (I had to remove the dash and cover to through bolt). I bored a small groove in the top of the dash and the foam piece behind it to run the power and transducer wire through. I followed the factory wiring to the control box. I ran wires and wired directly to the Seadoo battery. As for the transducer, I had the torpedo type skimmer transducer that comes with the unit. I cleaned (very well) the hull right in front of the port drain plug...just where the hull starts to drop into the drain channel. I used slow cure marine epoxy...put 3/4 of the tube in the channel and the rest on the face of the transducer. I gave it about 20 minutes to cure. I pressed the transducer in place and put a ziploc filled with sand on top to hold it until it cured (24 hours). It works perfectly at both an idle and WOT. It does not lose a bottom signal at any time.

I was hesitant because many people were saying it wouldn't work while under way but am glad I tried. It works perfectly and I didn't have to drill holes in the transom. Since I had a fishfinder, I decided to buy a 4 rod holder cooler rack for the back as well. I do more fishing off my Seadoo now than in my boat.

I was hesitant because many people were saying it wouldn't work while under way but am glad I tried. It works perfectly and I didn't have to drill holes in the transom. Since I had a fishfinder, I decided to buy a 4 rod holder cooler rack for the back as well. I do more fishing off my Seadoo now than in my boat.

This is the conversation we were having above about his model sonar. I too have put my transducer inside the hull of my SeaDoo. But I do not have a Downward scanning sonar. His model requires that the transducer be in the water and he cannot install it inside the hull. If he did, all the extra money he paid for downward scan is lost.

It's a good tactic for the older types of sonar though without Downward scan or need for water surface temp.

Thanks guys. Yes it was the down scan feature that I don't want to lose and on advice from Lowrance they said it would be greatly diminished if I mounted through hull. Only just about to mount the finder next week using Tallon systems and will post some pics and results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back