Trailer testing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

metalstaple

So i just put my 98 gs all back together and id like to try and run it on the trailer before i take it to a take for a real test. I attached a garden hose to the threaded tube near the jet pump turned on the ski then turned on the water and after a few seconds the engine cut off and water squirted out of the pisser lines. I checked the engine for trapped water, none came out of the spark plug holes but I had to turn over the engine until a bunch of water drained before it would hold an idle. Tracing the lines the threaded pipe leads to the outward pointing arrow on the head, this seems counter intuitive, wouldn't i want water to go into the head which would mean its going out of the threaded pipe. if this is the case what is the purpose of the threaded pipe, the manual seems to indicate this is the flushing port but how can i flush in reverse when the engine is running. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

So i just put my 98 gs all back together and id like to try and run it on the trailer before i take it to a take for a real test. I attached a garden hose to the threaded tube near the jet pump turned on the ski then turned on the water and after a few seconds the engine cut off and water squirted out of the pisser lines. I checked the engine for trapped water, none came out of the spark plug holes but I had to turn over the engine until a bunch of water drained before it would hold an idle. Tracing the lines the threaded pipe leads to the outward pointing arrow on the head, this seems counter intuitive, wouldn't i want water to go into the head which would mean its going out of the threaded pipe. if this is the case what is the purpose of the threaded pipe, the manual seems to indicate this is the flushing port but how can i flush in reverse when the engine is running. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cooling system runs in reverse on the hose. It shouldn't quit when you turn on the water to it, but slowly apply the water after you start and see what happens. The water flow from the hose doesn't need to be full on to keep it cool, a slight trickle out the pisser at idle is fine.

The whole idea is a "back flush" of the cooling system to remove any trapped sand or debris, so it needs to flow backward. It also of course works for short term cooling on the trailer. Remember the "push" for normal direction cooling water flow comes from a submerged turbine, so you aren't really trying to push backward against an automotive type water pump.

It is not good when the unit stalls while on a running hose since the engine tends to take water into the case and cylinders. So, I hope you did take it to the lake relatively soon and run it hard to get all the water out of the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back