towing jetski

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaiello

Ok after all the debacles of getting the jetski rebuilt, the throttle cable and the carbs issue. Which I learned BUY ORIGINAL SEADOO PARTS, anything else does not work. Also great thanks to mikidymac and several others which without them I could of never gotten the jetski rebuilt. My next question is simple to many you but this is my first seadoo. I plan on towing the jetski behind the boat. We anchor out and stay there most of the day and it would be nice to be able to have the jetski there for me to go play around a bit. I was told that you have to pinch or put a valve on the water supply hose. I would like to do something more permanent like a valve. Can anyone tell me where on my jetski I need to do this? Also, its a 2001 seadoo xp 951cc. Has anyone done this and how?

You need to put a valve on the water inlet hose before the Tee to the water valve on the muffler. A simple ball valve would be the best because it is full port when open, you don't want to restrict the flow.

Also make something for the throttle to remind you or others that the valve is closed. Like a "Remove Before Flight" ribbon or something.

I am attaching two pics one from the shop manual and the other of my ski. Just wanted to make sure I put the valve on the right hose. I have marked them on the pictures of which one I think it its please let me know if I am on the right track. Thanks

Attachments

• COOLING.jpg
    COOLING.jpg
    667.2 KB · Views: 53
  • COOLING1.jpg
    COOLING1.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 56
The manual picture is correct.

Hard to tell on your picture but it should be the hose before it connects to that muffler valve with the red button on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back