Top speed limited to 35mph

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rcracer22

I have two identical 2014 Seadoo GTI SE 130s. One of them will not get up to speed, tops out at 35mph. I have swapped keys with the identical SE 130 that goes full speed and still only goes 35mph. I have made sure it’s not in rental mode. Took it to the dealer and can’t find anything wrong with the prop or wear ring. Dealer thinks it might be a bad ECU. They are going to swap the ECU with the good waverunner ECU to see if its actually the ECU causing the issue. They said a new ECU will cost $1200. Any further ideas or insights before I have to order a new ECU? Anyone else had this issue?

Of course... it sounds like the older model "learning key" deal... but the dealer would or should certainly know that.

What I am wondering is this. You said you swapped keys with the "identical twin" ski and it acts the same?

Q. Why would it even run with the other unit's keys? Thought that was the point of having unique keys.. like a motor vehicle.. for anti-theft reasons?

I'm sure that someone on this forum should be able to answer THAT basic question just to begin with, right?

Of course... it sounds like the older model "learning key" deal... but the dealer would or should certainly know that.

What I am wondering is this. You said you swapped keys with the "identical twin" ski and it acts the same?

Q. Why would it even run with the other unit's keys? Thought that was the point of having unique keys.. like a motor vehicle.. for anti-theft reasons?

I'm sure that someone on this forum should be able to answer THAT basic question just to begin with, right?
My keys are programmed to work on either waverunner. This is typical setup.

That's why I asked...
I hadn't seen that done before... but the ECU swapping, etc also makes more sense now with that additional information.
Good luck. Hope the swap verifies the problem before dropping big $$$ on a new ECU.
Thanks

Did you change the spark plugs? Checked coils? checked fuel injectors? 35mph is about the speed for running on 2 cylinders for a 130. ECU is pretty far down the check list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back