RESTO Timing question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you remove the oil inside the motor? I’ve been googling but haven’t came across anything.

so there is water in the oil supply box?

The only oil that should be in the motor is there to supply the rave valves. There should be a supply line on the right side under the carb area and a return on the left.

I just drained and cleaned my oil system so here is what I did. Pulled the hose off the filter and let the oil drain into a few 2L soda bottles. Then removed the feed and return line from the tank. Dropped the return line into a bottle and blew air through the feed to force as much oil out of the rave gears as i could. I went ahead and replaced all my oil lines at this point. Remember when you re install all the lines to make sure you bleed to oil pump and the injection lines as well.

I’m not sure if there is or not but when I pulled the head this very last time I spotted water bubbles. I’m just going to drain everything and put fresh in.

When pulled head off it was on top of piston an on head but it was only one time I seen them. So I don’t even know if it was water I’m so confused. Drained all oil and it looks perfect. Turned it over a couple times after draining it and it sounded super close to running but then just doesnt.

One min it sounds like it wants to start and the next it just turns over almost like it has no spark or something but I’ve checked all that and it’s getting spark. So lost at this point.

I did not do one after the rebuild I just assumed it was good, since i put the new pistons in. I will do one when I get off work. And let you know the numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back