The 01 GS did it again today ahhh!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dkello1

Out on the water, after 30 minutes of hard riding time at 2-4 minutes WOT at a time....the gs dies and acts like it doesnt want to run under load anymore. It idles great, but under a litle gas to wot the ski just boggs and wont go faster.... if you ease into the throttle a little it will pick up speed as you get to WOT and then about 2 sends under WOT it just bogs out, if you back out of the throttle for a second and then punch it back to WOT it will yield the same result....

now i get home for flush time and after 25 minutes out of the water... starts and revs like a brand new ski.

so i have clamped off my RESERVE hose due to waiting for a replacement fuel valve selector switch and valve. i am running my IN lines ot the carb from the ON output from the tank to fuel filter to carb..

I am thinking that maybe this is possibly a fuel pressure issue? maybe as im using a good amount of gas in the tank IE after 30-45 minutes of riding is starting to dissapear out of the exhaust pipe. this leaves void in the tank that should be venting to alow for the siphoning of air.

This same situation happend jsut yesterday all the way down to this exact time clock. Am i on the right path?

Have you gone thru your carbs yet?

For an easy route to bypass the fuel selector, take the "res" line to filter, then run line from, filter to carb. Cap the "on" fitting, on the tank. What you might be experiencing using your "plumbed" route, is that your fuel selector is opened enough, to allow the "on" or "res" setting to vent fumes inside your ski, choking the air intake.

It sounds like grey fuel lines syndrome. Replace them and clean the acompanying
varnish from carb. Get a large can of carb cleaner. I used this to clean the internal filter screens...it can clean one in about 30 seconds.

Here's detail tricks on the carbs: Remove the cover, diaphram, and check valve block over the jets. Spray carb cleaner into the pilot jet, with the tube connected on the carb cleaner can. Look into the carb throat, and you'll see three microscopic holes and one larger one off to the right that has carb cleaner coming out when you spray. After spraying initially, get someone else to slip their finger over the large hole to increase pressure to the three small holes. You will actually see the streams getting larger as the cleaner cleans out the varnish in the holes. This step is critical, if you want to have crisp throttle response on the bottom end.

Spray carb cleaner into the main jet too, but don't look into the carb while doing it unless you want it in your eyes!

Make sure you spray carb cleaner through the hose barbs, in and out. Remove the needles to get good flow through the inlet barbs.
This is a great time to replace the two small oil RV lines too! Bills86e

It may not be the answer you want, but its the answer you need!

well the grey lines would be a good issue, but i have already been down that path. replaced the lines... waiting on a fuel valve selector switch thats all. cleaned the carb at the time when i had it off during my first fuel problem.

I think that its either a gas vapor issue as stated above or mybe fuel pressure issue with my rigging situation... im going to try again when i get the new selector switch just to see if this could be my problem!

thanks!

rectifier

locate it either in where the mpem is or in a isolated location. Unplug the red wire from it, then give ski a run. Make sure battery is charged.

rectifier

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

locate it either in where the mpem is or in a isolated location. Unplug the red wire from it, then give ski a run. Make sure battery is charged.

What does this do? what are you talking about? how does this relate to my problem? how do i know if its bad??? what are you trying to tell me lol

rectifier

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does this do? what are you talking about? how does this relate to my problem? how do i know if its bad??? what are you trying to tell me lol

:chillpill: bud....when the rectifier starts to go south, its not converting ac to dc, hence, the stutter at WOT. Unplugging the red wire will "bypass" the rectifier assy, and the ski will only run on battery. Simple test to rule that possiblity out....:cheers:

well my ignorance behooves me in this subject i guess but i appreciate how cool you were about my little spaz there... whew... ok im done =)

Ok so i have not been out to check it yet, but it totally makes sense what your saying. but my concern is that this is not an issue that just comes out of the blue. this seems to be an issue that comes about just about every 30 minutes after riding in the water.. mind you both times this happened back to back i did not charge the battery in between the 2 days of riding.

so would this conclude that the rectifier issue test is some-what of a redundant test at this point?

Maybe im just being silly, or becuase its 1:15am i may not be thinking clearly....

oh and ps, just bought new carbs for the RX... may need some help with getting them adjusted from you guys!

alright guys, heres the synopsis.

Pulled the gs carb off after a few encouraging words form a super nice dude that i bought my set of fully rebuilt 951 carbs from. he verbaly assured me that you guys have for the msot part set me on the right path to pull the carb off and doa gooood once over..

-pulled of the carb
-First checked the pump, all seemed to be in working order but VERY dirty (pulse pump was dry as usual but still kinda a corroded type dirty)
-Had a orange tinge to the fuel in the carb ps, i think this is the tempo from the bottom of the fuel tank, appears as though my seafoam tratment is doing its job... happy guy i was to see that one
-found the culprit... the inner carb filter was caked with black tempo goo and the high speed jet had some clogging in it.... not much but enough apprently.

here is how the guy explained WHY im having the issue....

when motor is cool it doesnt need as much fuel to run great, but after 30 minutes of warming up (mind you the water is a cooool 53 locally lol) the motos is in need of more fuel.. not enough was getting by the carb filter and therefore BAM traced the issue =)

so end of story... bought the jet skis with 2006 trailer all for about 3500... total invested so far

250 new carbs for the rx
75 new fuel line for both skis plus STAINLESS #4 CLAMPS (ps super cheap on ebay)
120 hyrdoturf for the rx
25 - 2 cases of blue moon to ease the nerves
so averall, i think i have a steal of a deal, if it werent for you guys this would have been a much pricier ordeal.

So i toast my frosty glass to you guys, thanks again! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back