Temp and oil light stuck on

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CreekerMike

Greetings all. Since warm weather is around the corner im starting to pull my skis out of hibernation. I popped a battery in my 95XP last night and had a temp light and oil light on. After unplugging the temp sensor wire the light was still on. Traced the wire and checked for nicks or frays. Nothing, wire is intact. Oil tank has some oil in it but I haven't ruled out a faulty oil level sensor. My question is will an oil light trigger the temp light aswell? I've seen mixed answers on this. I hate to ask questions before I do diagnostics but this has been driving me crazy all night.
Any and all help is appreciated!

they are probably independently controlled since they are wired separately to the gauge. You could disconnect both but leave power going to gauge (separate connector for oil sensor, tan-black wire for temp light) to check if your lights go out. If the lights stay on then check for any corrosion/bridging at the connectors. When disconnected you should be able to control each light independently (short the oil sensor wires, connect the tan-black wire to ground). If none of that checks out there is probably something wrong internal to the gauge.

they are probably independently controlled since they are wired separately to the gauge. You could disconnect both but leave power going to gauge (separate connector for oil sensor, tan-black wire for temp light) to check if your lights go out. If the lights stay on then check for any corrosion/bridging at the connectors. When disconnected you should be able to control each light independently (short the oil sensor wires, connect the tan-black wire to ground). If none of that checks out there is probably something wrong internal to the gauge.
I have tested this gauge on 2 other skis and it is in known working condition. As for the temp wire I have traced it and it has no frays or nicks in it. Yet its still acting as if its grounded. Unplug it and the light stays on... I have yet to short the oil wires together but im pretty confident that will shut the light off. However that still leaves me with the issue of the temp light... Gonna pop in a freshly charged battery when I get home and keep fooling with it. Apreciate the input.

If the gauge works in another ski, then something is causing the tan wire from the sensor to be a low voltage or ground. Since you disconnected the tan wire (probably at the temp sensor) and traced it you must have found than it connects to the beeper and the MPEM. Does your beeper work? If not it might be causing the tan wire to be a low voltage or ground. Try disconnecting the beeper even if it works (probably a connector under the cowl).

If the gauge works in another ski, then something is causing the tan wire from the sensor to be a low voltage or ground. Since you disconnected the tan wire (probably at the temp sensor) and traced it you must have found than it connects to the beeper and the MPEM. Does your beeper work? If not it might be causing the tan wire to be a low voltage or ground. Try disconnecting the beeper even if it works (probably a connector under the cowl).
I have not yet opened up the Ebox and looked inside to make sure its not grounded in there however I doubt that would even be possible since I haven't messed with the box since this problem manifested itself. My beeper doesn't work however I do have a known working one I can swap in. Swapping in the functional one and having the bad one unplugged should be the same right? I'll get on this once I'm home in a few hours. Fingers crossed.

If your known good beeper has the wires and connector attached then it would be the same because you would also be eliminating the 2 wires that run up to the failed beeper in the handlebars. While the beeper itself is a known common failure, it is not impossible that the wires running to it have been somehow compromised.

I’m having similar issue. Please embarrass yourself. If I have made the same mistake we can bask in the limelight together.

I’m having similar issue. Please embarrass yourself. If I have made the same mistake we can bask in the limelight together.
In my case the jumper wire from the multigauge to the vts was cross connected to the wrong plug wich had similiar color/tracer on it. This was grounding out the sensor and casuing the warning lights. However this may have been a unique case since my ski has the multi gauge next to the key post. Theres definately some custom wiring going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back