Swapped 717 doesn't match up, what to do?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

s022mag

I bought a used motor off of a PWC mechanic to put in place of the one that took a dump. I moved my carb to the new motor and there is a hose that goes from the block to the carb and for some reason on this motor it is on the number 1 cylinder not on number 2 like the original. Can I just add length to make it reach?

Second, the stator housing on mine has 2 plug ins and the new motor only has one. The one missing is just a 4 pin flat plug that goes to a black box. Can I just transfer this or will that throw something off.

I appreciate any help

I bought a used motor off of a PWC mechanic to put in place of the one that took a dump. I moved my carb to the new motor and there is a hose that goes from the block to the carb and for some reason on this motor it is on the number 1 cylinder not on number 2 like the original. Can I just add length to make it reach?

Second, the stator housing on mine has 2 plug ins and the new motor only has one. The one missing is just a 4 pin flat plug that goes to a black box. Can I just transfer this or will that throw something off.

I appreciate any help
Yes, I had same issue. It's the pulse line for the fuel pump.. the ski you probably removed the engine from Likly had the fuel pump on the carb... jusy get a longer hose to run to your fuel pump.. That's what I did.

My new engine has legs and the old is in a cradle. Does it match up the same. I noticed the new engine won’t sit in the cradle because of the stator housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back