Surf wedge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnash1980

Hey there everyone! I know this topic has been brought up in the past, but I’m hoping someone has some updated info. Has anyone seen a surf wedge that works behind a sea doo? I know Yamaha has one. I haven’t found anything related to sea doo. I have found a surf tab that has adjustable suction cups that will fit the curvature of our boats. I’ve read so many different things saying those won’t work with dual jets, so I haven’t bought it to try. If anyone has had any luck getting a decent wave, let me know what’s worked for you. I have a 230 wake.
Thanks!!

Following, we did ok surfing behind without. Used people for ballast and loaded up one side or the other etc. wedge would be great.

I am planning to make a home made version this winter using the basic YouTube suction cup handle from harbor freight version. On a similar note, has anyone ever tried plugging their swim deck wet locker with a bathtub stopper or the like & then just pump it full of water for a little extra weight? Similarly you could do the same in the ski locker at center of the boat & then just let the bilge pump pump it out when draining.

These are the thoughts that winters in Montana does to a guy…

Here is the wedge I built. I tested it out earlier this week & it works ok to make a big wave that I think would be surfable (no ballast) but in trying to clean it up, I played with multiple locations & once I tried moving it below the water line I could not get the suction cups to work anymore. Anyone know of a cup that will work underwater?IMG_5626.JPG

Here is the wedge I built. I tested it out earlier this week & it works ok to make a big wave that I think would be surfable (no ballast) but in trying to clean it up, I played with multiple locations & once I tried moving it below the water line I could not get the suction cups to work anymore. Anyone know of a cup that will work underwater?View attachment 48627

Any pics of the wave it pushed? I have everything to make the gate like you have just need to assemble it.

Update from earlier this summer … I lost my homemade surf wedge mentioned above & have yet to make a new one.

Did any one else have success this year surfing behind their boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back