Supercharger Maintenance 210 wake 430

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MDH19

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hello All, My 2012, 210 wake boast has twin 215 engines with 130 hours. I understood that the supercharger should be rebuilt After 100 hours or 2 years of service and subsequently every 200 hours thereafter. However, the service manual says only that the supercharger clutch I’d to be inspected after 200 hours. Which is correct And should I rebuild?

If so, what is the recommended rebuild kit. Is it the supercharger repair kit #420881102 ?

Best, Mark

My 2 cents.

When I bought my 2011 speedster with only 55 hours on it, I was concerned with the SC because of the time so I pulled it out to inspect on the bench. The unit was flawless and the clutch slip specs were right in the correct range. I put it back in feeling confident.

A month later the plastic bearing retainer in the bearing let go. Luckily everything stayed in the bearing.

I had the SC rebuilt and now will most likely do it every 4 years regardless of hours. (Mine was 8 years old and around 80 hours when it failed)

I don't know how the 2017 SC is different but I would assume the plastic race is still there.

You could easily inspect for wear based of hrs on the bench. I don't think you can determine how brittle the plastic is becoming.

Thank you for the reply. I have spoken to others and they confirm rebuilding after 100hrs as well so now the question is what kit is best?

The OEM one. It's now called a "200 hour" kit, but it's still the same components. Part no. 420881102

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back