Supercharger failure

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
You lost the front bearing in the S/C (hose inlet bearing not gear end bearing). When that happens it rubs out into the housing. It's entirely junk now, no usable parts remain. Either it wasn't done within the time period or it was done poorly or with offshore bearings.

You lost the front bearing in the S/C (hose inlet bearing not gear end bearing). When that happens it rubs out into the housing. It's entirely junk now, no usable parts remain. Either it wasn't done within the time period or it was done poorly or with offshore bearings.

Thank you for the detailed response. I am new to the jet ski world. So literally nothing is reusable? I am mechanically incline but don’t know about forced induction components. I pulled the head and there is no contamination or debris so that’s a plus. Oil looked good when I drained it I guess I got lucky in that aspect.

Not with a touch down like that no, tollerances are now about 200X normal! Usually engine is spared when that bearing goes, about only plus to it :)

I would look on Partzilla, OEM new complete is far safer than "good used" and usually not a lot more. I buy dead SeaDoo's and restore them then re-sell. Had a bad luck run of rebuilt and/or used S/C's where I eat the labour to do it again for the buyer so I only go new now.

More importantly is what the gear side looks like. If you broke the ceramic clutch washers you will need to pull the motor.

I've seen plenty of factory sc's not make it to 100 hours before they fail and less than 2 years old.

You need to look in the intercooler , intake manifold, throttle body and more than likely take the head off and inspect the cylinders and pistons for damage. With that much of the turbine missing I doubt that it is the only thing damaged, if the washers and the bearings are gone in the supercharger then for sure you will have to remove the engine and tear it down to remove pieces of debris.

You need to look in the intercooler , intake manifold, throttle body and more than likely take the head off and inspect the cylinders and pistons for damage. With that much of the turbine missing I doubt that it is the only thing damaged, if the washers and the bearings are gone in the supercharger then for sure you will have to remove the engine and tear it down to remove pieces of debris.

Image1540493714.330050.jpgImage1540493730.391010.jpg
Looks good to me. Nothing in the manifold but aluminum dust

Very good, there are a couple of screens where the oil pumps are that need to be checked also. Also a screen in the intake, but I am sure you checked that already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back