Super hot water in lower compartment

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JThomasLambert

I'm new to our Challenger 180 (it's only got 6 hours on it) and was wondering if somebody could comment. We had it out twice over the long weekend--2 hours each day and running it pretty hard both days. There is a few inches of water in the lower storage compartment and on both days this water was pretty hot once we docked (as in, burn your hand hot trying to take things out of there). The boat worked fine, gages and levels also looked ok. So is this normal?

Thanks!

doesn't Sea-Doo use the ride plate as a heat exchanger for engine cooling?
I'd suspect that's why it's warm down there. (If I understand the cooling methods correctly)>

what storage compartment, the one in middle of the boat? thats mainly there for skis and such. I dont even put anything in there cause of hot water.

what storage compartment, the one in middle of the boat? thats mainly there for skis and such. I dont even put anything in there cause of hot water.

Exactly that one! Yeah, my wife and I left the skiis in there today against my better judgement (she insisted they would be fine--of course, she's not the one burning the skin off her hands fishing the tarp poles out every time we dock!!). Anyways, she's the one who skiis, not me, so we'll see how she feels when the glue peels apart or the laminate comes off...

I found out that there is hot water in there but I dont remember it being hot enough to melt anything. I had my bumpers in there and they where fine. I did move them to back storage just cause I dont need the suction cups wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back