Stock vs Solas impeller

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your stock impeller is in good shape then no. Seadoo did a really good job selecting impellers for these so there is no much benefit for the Solas impellers. If your stock one is damaged beyond repair then I would go with a solas.

After some experience with impellers and factoring in mechanical limits I agree with Miki. You only have so much horsepower available. A good prop is a good prop. What you gain on one end you'll lose on the other. I have a 100hp engine on my airplane and wanted to be able to climb better since the summer temperature degrade our climb performance significantly. I sent my prop to the shop and.... I got a little better climb rate and sacrificed 5mph at the same cruise RPM Nothing is free. :) Good luck !!

Thank you

If your stock impeller is in good shape then no. Seadoo did a really good job selecting impellers for these so there is no much benefit for the Solas impellers. If your stock one is damaged beyond repair then I would go with a solas.

After some experience with impellers and factoring in mechanical limits I agree with Miki. You only have so much horsepower available. A good prop is a good prop. What you gain on one end you'll lose on the other. I have a 100hp engine on my airplane and wanted to be able to climb better since the summer temperature degrade our climb performance significantly. I sent my prop to the shop and.... I got a little better climb rate and sacrificed 5mph at the same cruise RPM Nothing is free. :) Good luck !!

Thank you

But.... if you are like most of us and want to squeeze a little more out of it, a higher rev limit and a slightly lower pitch, maybe a X or XO, add low restriction flame arrestors..... and a Factory pipe, 46 Bucksh......... lol

On my 96 gsx I noticed a difference with the solas concord sdcd15/23. Mostly cavitation on acceleration was almost completely gone. Driving an identical machine with stock prop I honestly felt like there was something wrong. I just couldn't drive it the same.
The later designs seadoo used resemble the solas prop with curved leading edges instead of the flat used before 97.
I've been told the 99 Spx had the best 140mm hub/impeller combination for the xp and gsx.

I noticed a decrease in top rpm from 7060 to 6980 and not much change in speed. It's the pickup and loading that improved.

Last edited:
I noticed with my rossier pipe than an solas concord 15/23 keep my exhaust EGT koso little less high on mid range and climb less quickly on high rpm also stay less high (F’)On full rpm vs skat trak swirl 17/22 ,the swirl load the motor more than an concord! I never tried with a stock motor , but
Solas is way better!

Last edited:
agree with the general responses is that the impeller alone isn't going to give you any noticeable "wow, what a difference" moment. With that said, if you decide to make other adjustments such as with the pipe then you might see a noticeable difference with a combo package. If you plan on staying otherwise stock with that particular hull, you are probably better off just leaving it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back