Steering

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Well, I can't say definitively but...I am battling a steering issue on my 2017 Spark 2 myself. The steering is a cable in a thicker cable sheath...the outer sheath is restrained at both ends (front - behind the left knee panel and rear - through the hull in the jet pump area) and the internal cable is what is attached to the steering yoke and the pump nozzle.

Your description sounds like a sticky cable perhaps or a burr on the cable maybe? Is it consistent?

Well, I can't say definitively but...I am battling a steering issue on my 2017 Spark 2 myself. The steering is a cable in a thicker cable sheath...the outer sheath is restrained at both ends (front - behind the left knee panel and rear - through the hull in the jet pump area) and the internal cable is what is attached to the steering yoke and the pump nozzle.

Your description sounds like a sticky cable perhaps or a burr on the cable maybe? Is it consistent?

It’s pretty consistent, it’s only in a certain degree of turning and then it goes right back to feeling free and loose

It’s pretty consistent, it’s only in a certain degree of turning and then it goes right back to feeling free and loose
Hmmmm.....take a look at the attachment points of the steering cable itself (steering yoke up front and the nozzle in the rear)...make sure there is nothing that is binding or interfering with the free movement of the hard components themselves.
I don't know YET if there is a way to lubricate the actual steering cable within the steering sheathe itself???

Back