steering only works in one direction

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyl

steering only works in one direction 2000 gti

I have a 2000 gti. Something happened with the steering where it will only turn to port. When i turn to starboard, the handlebars turn, but the ski just goes straight. Before i started taking the steering and cable apart, thought i would see if anybody else had this problem and how they solved it. Thanks for your help. Andy

I looked at it a little closer in the daylight, and it appears there is a plastic bushing or stuffing tube that is cracked and broken loose, where it penetrates the hull by the jet (must be why there was more water to drain out). Is this bushing or stuffing tube easy to replace? Thanks for any help. Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
the cable will be broken so because its a push/pull tye cable it will still be able to push the steering one way but not pull it, the jet thrust wil make the nozzle centre itself

On the outside of hull is an estopper. On the inside is a 19mm nut. To remove
the cable, you loosen the nut, on the estopper is a plastic split nut with a
stainless ring that holds the pieces. Once the ring is removed the nuts split.
You might need to take the eyelet off the cable to pull the cable thru hull.

thanks, Bill. That sounds simple enough. Do i need to put some sealant like 5200 around the outer piece (estopper?) flange, or does it seal OK without it? Do you know what seals around the cable itself as it passes through the estopper, or is that built into the estopper? thanks. Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back