starter

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

hal5778

Hello I have a 2000 GS with the 717 motor and when I put the key on and hit the start button it turns over but when I release the start button it continues to turn over until I remove the key? Also when I pull the bottom 2 fuses under the hood without the key installed the starter seems to engage? Lastly could this problem be causing it to not have any spark to the plugs? Thanks in advance to any imput

Update When I put the key on and insert the bottom fuse the motor starts to turn over without using the start button? Also when I disconnect the wire harness from the bottom of the solenoid the motor stops turning over?

Last edited:
It sounds like your starter relay might be sticking. Also a bad battery can cause it to hang up also.

Thanks for your input I did a bit more testing and want to share it with you. When I put the lanyard on and install the bottom fuse under the hood the motor starts turning over without using the button? Also when the motor is turning over if I disconnect the wire harness at the bottom of the solenoid the motor stops turning over?

Back