Started out bad ended up great

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meach

So I bought my 97 Speedster a few months ago in winter. Didnt sea trial it thought I was good enough to judge condition plus checked out everything I posibly could. Engines started easy sounded great good compression hull and such in awesome shape. Weather warmed up hooked up hose left engine starts right up run for minute or so and yes it was start engine turn on water turn off water stop engine. Other engine started ran 15 seconds stopped. Only started with ckoke held closed and throttle opened. Gave up put boat away went in house thenbit hit me..... Whenvboat was just sitting I turned both gas valves off. What a dummy. Month later (today) took to river to put it in my slip i have rented. Backed down into water started one engine idled wouldnt accelerate other engine only idled with choke on. Line of boats waiting to launch. I get mad yell at wife... See I told you we would get screwed if we didnt test drive it. Get a mile from the ramp when my sweet wife asks the question........ Did you turn the gas on? Oooops stopped and looked no gas is still off. Turned themvboth on turned around and back to the ramp. Both engines start immediately run awesome never hiccup. We ran up and down the river for two hours. I keep stopping and checking the bilge for water or leaks... Nothing. Boat seems in great shape runs awesome is extremely fast and the fishfinder i sweated over installing works great at all speeds. Just shows you slow down take it easy cover all your basis and usually things will work out ok...

Mark

Ha, ha, ha, yeah that happens. Probably 3rd or 4th most common issue behind #1 winner leaving the drain plug out while launching! You did remember to remove the drain plug (2nd most common) so the engine compartment cannot fill and sink the boat while on the trailer, right?

And 5th most common mistake is backing the trailer into the water with the tail lights still connected, great way to break glass bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back