Stainless steel wear rings?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, stainless steel wear rings are usually used for racing, I wouldn't recommend them for recreational use. The standard wear ring as the name implies wears and protects the impeller and the pump, the stainless does not.

Lou

One of the first mods I could afford was an SSwear ring. I've tweeked props and installed new ones over the years...all for performance upgrades...never had to change one from sht getting stuck in the pump.

I wouldn't hesitate installing one in my next rec ski.

One of the first mods I could afford was an SSwear ring. I've tweeked props and installed new ones over the years...all for performance upgrades...never had to change one from sht getting stuck in the pump.

I wouldn't hesitate installing one in my next rec ski.

+1. A solid front engine mount is a must have to go along with it though.

For anyone using the OEM plastic wear ring - remember you can flip it around for a 2nd use since 1/2 of the ring is un-used at any given time.

next wear ring i replace on mine, i want u to come and flip it around, lol, i have to literally, cut em out with a chisel or use a recipicating saw, and a few cuss words, but, all in all, only takes about 15 minutes usually after u take the pump off

i never think i would want to flip one around, cause if it comes loose in housing, impellers and housings cost $$$

Last edited by a moderator:
Put the pump into your kitchen freezer for a 1/2 hour and it should come out with no issues. Applying a very low amount of heat to the outside pump housing will help too. If you have an aluminum pump you don't have to worry about a wear ring coming loose in the housing unless it eats rocks or something terrible, in which case the wear ring will likely be the least of your worries. I'll tell you what, start flipping your wear rings for a 2nd use and send me the $aving$. And if your impeller or housing gets damaged because of it I will replace the setup for you :cheers:

next wear ring i replace on mine, i want u to come and flip it around, lol, i have to literally, cut em out with a chisel or use a recipicating saw, and a few cuss words, but, all in all, only takes about 15 minutes usually after u take the pump off

i never think i would want to flip one around, cause if it comes loose in housing, impellers and housings cost $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back