Spot Trace GPS Locator going crazy

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lamajama

I'm not sure where to post this so I chose the 2 stroke area as it gets the most views...

A few years ago, based on some positive threads on Spot Trace, I purchased 2 units to cover my
seadoos and have found them to do exactly what I want and need....I know exactly where my units are despite being 250 miles away from them during the week... I can track them when my kids are on them and rely on GPS vs cellular service.

When I purchased these units the annual subscription for a year's monitoring was $99 per year. Last year the yearly subscription jumped to $149 and added a $12.99 per unit per year "admin fee". This year I just got notification the annual fee has increased to $199 and the admin fee is now $24.99 per year.

This is a ridiculous increase even over the $99 fee let alone the latest. Their email telling us of the
increase is, frankly, arrogant to say the least. No explanation or justification beyond generic babble.

It is important to note that there has been no additional service or performance enhancements
that would warrant such an increase. Who knows what 2020 prices will be.

So I am seriously looking for an alternative and want to warn those considering using Spot
for their toys that this company is simply hoping that once you purchase their equipment that
you are either too reluctant to drop their equipment/lose this purchase or frankly too disinterested
to take the time to drop them.

If anyone has an alternative and preferably a GPS based system I'd love to hear about it.

In the meantime, considering using Spot is an expensive proposition and very likely to
get even more expensive every single year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back