Sportster 1800 no beeps

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jts32

Just purchased a '98 sportster 1800. I'm getting no beeps when connecting the lanyard. Beeper is good, have confirmed by grounding temp wire. With lanyard on, beeper has continuous power to purple wire. I'm assuming the mpem grounds the beeper twice when lanyard is connected? Also the speedo isn't hooked up and the plugin has been cut off for some reason. Not sure if that would be part of the problem? Motors do turn over and start, just no beeps.

Not even getting clicks. Can hear the mpem power up, but nothing from the beeper. Been digging into the boat a little more, and trying to figure everything out. Pretty obvious someone has had their little d*ck beaters in there messing with stuff. Gas/oil gauge isn't working, plug to the speedo has been cut off, and I'm unsure of what the reserve switch on the dash actually does. Soldered the F-1 fuse in the fuel baffle, but still nothing on the gauge. It's a 3 wire baffle instead of the normal 2 wire, so not sure how it works. Not sure if the baffle is no good, gauge is junk, or mpem not supplying output. Really need a wiring diagram but haven't been able to find one for this boat. If someone has one or knows of a source please let me know.

Also looking for a pic of the speedo wiring so I can hook it back up and see if it's any good. I'm assuming it's junk, but hoping for a good surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back