Sponsons...?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

collinsone

So I bought these because I'm on a budget, wondering what you guys think? I'm assuming they will be a big upgrade over stock? Thoughts? Thanks everyone.

273.jpg

Description:

SEA DOO SPARK SPONSON KIT.
WE HAVE DEVELOPED A SPONSON KIT FOR THE NEW SEADOO SPARK
MADE OUT OF THICK 1/4" ALUMINUM, INCLUDES BACKING PLATE.
WE HAVE TESTED THIS KIT ON A 90 HP SPARK, AND HAVE PUT MANY HOURS INTO THE TESTING,
WILL FIT ALL SPARK MODELS.
INCLUDED IS A FREE T45 TORX SOCKET FOR EASY REMOVAL.
INSTALLATION TIME 5 MINUTES
THIS SPONSONS WILL REDUCE DRAG FROM THE WIDE STOCK FACTORY SPONSONS.
WILL IMPROVE CORNERING ABILITY, ALONG WITH STRAIGHT LINE STABILITY
3 ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS, RACE, SPORT AND FREESTYLE
DESIGNED AND TESTED BY SEADOO OWNERS.
WE ARE ACTIVE MEMBERS OF THE GREENHULK FORUM.
WE'VE BEEN RIDING PERSONAL WATERCRAFT FOR 10+ YEARS.

Three immediate thoughts:
Looks sharp.
No corrosion protection...hope you aren't in salt.
Good luck.

Now in addition, if it works out might be a good purchase. I'd figure a way to powder coat them for protection and make sure those edges are filed down a bit. They'll certainly be ridged and they are priced nicely.

Joe,

I'm in freshwater. My plan is to get them powder coated blue or white to match my ski.

I'll definitely smooth out the edges, thanks for the information!

I love that everyone here is always so helpful, especially to newbs. Even a guy who sells them would be willing to help out, and it's things like that.....that will make sure I purchase something from them in the future when the funds are stronger for me.

Thanks to all for being helpful

i simply slotted my stock ones. i got 12mm extra adjustment out of it
While looking at mine, I was wondering about that, doing the same thing. Appears to be plenty of meat there, are there any downsides to doing that? Had any issues since you've slotted them? Do they stay put where you adjust them to after beating on them out in the surf?

You'd think that it would be easy enough to mold them that way at the factory, wonder what their reason is for not doing it? Any thoughts?

liability. when you make them too aggressive and spin out or crash or can't drive it and take it back to the dealer and waste their time... same reason my jeep comes with fixed length control arms... liability / cost. which, liability is just a cost, so the all mighty dollar is the answer to 99.9% of your question...

but I think they look cool.

I shaved the paint off my aluminum steering nozzle on my GSX, in salt water it went from a shiny metal to a dull grey metal... I think it looks cool.

I'm sorry did you say spin out? That the whole purpose. To get more grip to NOT slide out. I haven't slid out since doing the mod.

I'm sorry did you say spin out? That the whole purpose. To get more grip to NOT slide out. I haven't slid out since doing the mod.

Why would you want this? Do you race? I spend a lot of energy to force the slides. I have even removed my sponsons for an outing. Didn't feel stable enough for my insufficient skill and experience though.

No I like to know my ski dies what I want it to and when. Yes I slide but a simple lean forward lifts arse out enough fir a slide when needed. I'm in the surf jumping constantly and if I want to do a cut back off the face I do t want to slide..

No I like to know my ski dies what I want it to and when. Yes I slide but a simple lean forward lifts arse out enough fir a slide when needed. I'm in the surf jumping constantly and if I want to do a cut back off the face I do t want to slide..

This makes sense. I ride on small inland lakes. Never considered the differing needs for surf riding. I hope to get some ocean time in in a few weeks.

Back