Speedster on the river

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northriverider

I just purchased an 07 Speedster 150 (155 hp).
How bad of an idea is it to use it on a river thats as shallow as 2 feet in some areas but does have some sand bars. My hometown river is quite wide and offers lots of room for manuevering. I'm worried about damaging the hull or worse yet, sucking debris or sand into the impeller.
Any river riders out there with your thoughts would be appreciated.

Draft!

Yes, riding in shallow waters is not in the best interest of your sea doo. Can it do it? yes. Will you damage the hull? Probably (if you run it aground on a sand bar), will you damage the engine? yes.
The impeller has a wearing ring that is rubber lined to take up a certain degree of abrasiveness to minimize wear on the pumps casing. But constant use in sand would prematurely destroy the ring. I'd be more concerned with pulling the sand into your cooling system. The water intake for the engine is in your pump. Sand would settle in the low pressure areas of the cooling system and eventually restrict the normal flow of water.
I'd think an occasional run into the shallows, provided you didn't run aground, wouldn't be too harmful, but continual use would eventually bring a lower life on your boat and engine.....:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back