Speedster 99 purchase

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dgpross

Looking at purchasing a 99 speedster with the twin 787s. Seller says boat worked fine in summer but now only rolls over and won’t start. Has all new upholstery, 2 spare working engines, trailer, spare throttle assembly, 2 spare carburetors, 3 person airhead tube, 5 life jackets and spare wind visor. What is a fair price to pay. Will also add I’m new to Seadoo boats.

I paid $2200 for a 98 with one engine not running. The biggest thing is to make sure there is spark to both engines. Thats one of the biggest failures in the mpem and its 1,000-1500 for a good used one usually.

That vintage of Seadoo boat will go for 2500-5000 where I live so a lot depends on your local market where you live; In California for example you could probably get it for free. Of course not running it's parts - I might pay 1000 tops.

If you are new to Seadoo boats but have worked on Seadoo PWCs you will be fine. Not knowing your abilities it's hard to say if this will be a good deal for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back