Speedster 200 - What brand oil and Filter?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkoeb

So I have a 2006 Speedster 200 with the supercharge 430 engines. I purchased this boat last year so this is the first time I will be doing an oil change on it. What is the recommended oil to use with the supercharge engines and also what brand filter is recommended? Should I also change out the spark plugs and if so what brand/number are they? Is there anything else recommended to be done in the beginning of the year?

Thanks Rick

I've been using the BRP kits since we picked up our 210 back in 2015. Kit comes with everything you need for the annual service. Oil Change Kit

4Tecs are finicky about plugs. You should be changing them out annually with your oil changes.

I read that with the supercharger I should run SAE 10W-40 none synthetic oil. Is this correct? I can't find a kit that has this oil in

Nada, you should not run full synthetic is the proper statement, the BRP kit JPass mentions is a blend and the proper oil for supercharged 4tecs.

Says 10w-40

It also states to use an approved brand such as XPS. XPS no longer makes the 10w40, which is why you can't find it. So the current approved oil for our supercharged motors is the 5w40 from the kit I posted earlier.

Things have changed in the 14 years since your boat was made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back