Speedster 200 wear ring not wanting to go in - why?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkoeb

So I have a 2006 speedster 200 Supercharged and changing out the wear ring. I have the old ones out (White in color) and went to install the new ones (Grey in color - Part number 267000372) and I just can't get them to start. I even put the new rings in the freezer for a hour and they still don't want to go in. Is this normal as when I did the one on my jet ski I was able to start installing the rings and tapped it in with a piece of flat wood.

From what Im seeing it looks like the right part number. Maybe check the circumference with something like an alteratiions tape measure and compare it to the old one.
Ive heard also you could slightly bevel the leading edge to get it started, but would like someone with more experience to chime in.

Last edited:
Put the wear rings in the freezer for about one hour. Set your pumps in the direct sunlight for one hour. They should slide right in. Also, to remove old rings, you can put the whole pump in the freezer and they usually slide right out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back