Speedster 200 - Want to install hour meter

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkoeb

I have a 2006 speedster 200 and want to install a hour meter for the motors. Two questions: What do people recommend installing and second are the meters adjustable or otherwise when I bring my boat to the deal and they check my hours can I adjust my hour meter so they are the same going forward?

I recently installed an hourmeter in my 2004 Sea Doo Sportster 4 tec boat. I wired the positive & negative leads from the power outlet (cigarette lighter). I installed a toggle switch in between the power outlet & the hourmeter. This way I could turn the hourmeter off when not needed. I don't think hourmeters are adjustable as I hooked mine to a battery charger and let it run until it run until the correct hours accumulated to match what the dealer told me the correct hours were on the engine. Was unable to find a positive lead behind the dash that was live with the DESS switch activated.

I recently installed an hourmeter in my 2004 Sea Doo Sportster 4 tec boat. I wired the positive & negative leads from the power outlet (cigarette lighter). I installed a toggle switch in between the power outlet & the hourmeter. This way I could turn the hourmeter off when not needed. I don't think hourmeters are adjustable as I hooked mine to a battery charger and let it run until it run until the correct hours accumulated to match what the dealer told me the correct hours were on the engine. Was unable to find a positive lead behind the dash that was live with the DESS switch activated.

what hour meter did you install? I’m currently looking to do the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back