Speedster 200 - Throttle lever moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkoeb

So I have notice that my center throttle lever is loose and will not stay in place when driving the boat. I need to keep one hand on the throttle lever to keep the engines at the same RPM. How do I go about tightening this up?

So I have notice that my center throttle lever is loose and will not stay in place when driving the boat. I need to keep one hand on the throttle lever to keep the engines at the same RPM. How do I go about tightening this up?

hey man I’m having the same issue. Looking forward to a response. Not a huge problem, but still bothersome.

I temporarily fixed that issue on mine, but it just recurred. I unscrewed the cover and throttle assembly & lifted it up. Used an allen wrench to tighten the screw in the center of the unit which tightened up the throttle lever motion. Re-screwed the throttle assembly together & it was better for a season, but just recurred. Now the threads on the screws for the throttle assembly are in danger of stripping so I cannot safely remove them with current tools. Just got used to it... Tried using a thick rubber band to tie the two throttles together (the outboard one is reasonably stiff) but found that was annoying.

I have the same issue with mine. I bought new friction inserts to install but looking over the parts diagram it appears the friction inserts only contact the directional control and the outside throttle lever. once i get them installed i will report back with what I found.

I was having similar issues, it ended up being my reverse buckets not latching properly. After adjusting the buckets it doesn’t pull my throttle back with My hand off the handle

I think this is a common issue with this quadrant assembly. I pulled mine off the boat, took it all apart, cleaned it, re greased it, put it all back together in stages and adjusted the friction on each section as I went along. It works perfectly now.
AFAIK, this is the only way to make it work right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back