Speedster 200 .. 2006 fuel gauge issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

OzTEXS

I have a 2006 Speedster 200 and it seems the fuel gauge is stuck on full.

Does anyone known of a easy fix or diagnosis?

Unplug the cable from the fuel gauge ... test with an ohm meter and post your findings.
I spent countless hours to figure this out as I had a similar problem. No information is posted online....

My 2006 sporster, similar to yours - use a reversed sending unit. Our Ohm reading is 0 - 90 ohms. ...
Normal cars, boats etc typically have 0 = empty, 90 = full. Ours are the opposite... 90 = empty, 0 = full.

If your ohm reading is at 0 (or under 5), yet your fuel is low, it means your baffle is stuck (there is a float, similar to the one in your toiler tank, where it connects is a little board and a needle that moves and gives you different resistance reading)

If your ohm reading is something else, then it means the problem is with your fuel gauge. - either 1 - not getting power, 2- stuck, 3 - worst case scenario (my problem) dead... very rear but can happen.

Highly likely it's just stuck but try the troubleshooting above to confirm. All the gauges have a drain hole in the bottom of the bezel I sprayed some electronics safe silicone in there and cycled the needle a few times with the plastic spray tube. After a few trips the gauge unstuck and works good now.

Also, even if it is the sender, your boat has two but only uses one. You will notice there is an empty 2 or 3 pin plug coming from one of your fuel pump heads, can always hook the harness to the other one to try.

Highly likely it's just stuck but try the troubleshooting above to confirm. All the gauges have a drain hole in the bottom of the bezel I sprayed some electronics safe silicone in there and cycled the needle a few times with the plastic spray tube. After a few trips the gauge unstuck and works good now.

Also, even if it is the sender, your boat has two but only uses one. You will notice there is an empty 2 or 3 pin plug coming from one of your fuel pump heads, can always hook the harness to the other one to try.

I wish I had seen your post a few months ago.... I took a dremel to my gauge to open it up, and yes it was stuck... but also never worked the same again. $190 later, I received my new gauge last night :facepalm:

Cheers .. seems the contact cleaner did the trick !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back