Speaker location on 14.5 Seadoos

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertV

I asked this in the Modify section and guess it should have been asked here since it is not a mod that increases speed?
So here it goes again:
I am adding a pair of speakers to my stereo on my 97 Speedster and can't find the photos of the rear speaker locations form other boats. I planned to install them just in front of the rear seats on the left and right side.
I don't want to cut holes first and then find out I should have moved them one way or another.
So I am asking for any pics you have and/or measurements you have from your 14.5 beasts.

My other speakers are mounted in the helm, one facing the port side and the other facing the bow (dumb but easy install spots if you ask me boat came that way). The rear spots appear to be blocked by your legs when you sit and use the foot rests. Would it be better to mount the new speakers in the bow facing back on either side of the bow seat? If I were to start from scratch I would have mounted two in the bow facing back and get separate rears (mount the speaker low and the tweeters high). So this leads me to other thoughts about rear speakers: can you hear them while underway or is that a lost cause with the two strokes hammering away behind you or do you think that your legs block most of the sound?
TIA

I have 4 speekers mounted in my 14.5 ft challenger; there are 2 up in the bow and 2 in the back; while they sound great at low speeds the thing that causes me to not hear them at high speeds (probably above 25 mph) is the wind noise. but here are the locations of my speekers the system was installed by the previous owner so i did not get to choose the location of the head unit but i did add a remote so that i could control the head unit from the driver's seat

60.jpg

33.jpg

85.jpg

84.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back