Spark trixx sponson removal issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

ConnorBell

Hi all. At the end of last season I decided to take the sponsons off of our 2020 seadoo spark trixx, so it would be easier to do powerslides. Just yesterday, me and my dad went out for the first run of the season. Before putting it in the water, we attempted to put them back on, however we noticed that only about half of the 6 screw holes to hold on the fins (3 on each side) no longer had nuts in them. This meant that we couldn’t put the sponsons back on, as 3 out of the 6 screws obviously couldn’t be screwed in, due to there being no nuts in some of the mounting holes on the hull. We decided to still take it out regardless of not putting on the sponsons, or leaving the screws in the hull to cover up the holes. As you can imagine, it started to take on some water into the hull. Luckily, it took on water fairy slow and we were able to get it out of the water without any major issues.

My question is, how can we find those nuts that are supposed to be on the other side of the hull, that allow the screws to screw in? I would imagine that they have fallen out into the hull. How would we go about retrieving them from the bottom of the hull, if they’ve somehow fallen out? I’ve seen many people remove the fins to be able to power slide, but never heard of the actual nuts falling off. Has anyone had this issue before?

I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks, Connor

This won't help you now but in the future, a friend of mine slotted the sponsons so he could adjust them where ever he wanted, without removing the bolt all the way.

Back