spark plug replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

keegster17

guys just changing spark plugs, i took coil connectors off, however when I went to put the new spark plugs in, i noticed the old plugs had no terminal on the tops of them, i am wondering if the terminal head is jammed in the coil connector? or do i just unscrew the terminal head off the new ones and install? never seen this before. please advise asap.

ok, i figured out my terminals can screw off to work for my Seadoo. they are dcpr8e 4339, would have been nice to be mentioned it manual. Anyways I put the new ones in, i don't have the owens corning lub. they mention putting around coil connectors, some old stuff is still there. i then fired it up to see if it would turn over, just for 5 seconds, fired up, but a fair amount of smoke out the back, could this be from the fogging oil i put in the spark plugs and in the chambers?

ok, i figured out my terminals can screw off to work for my Seadoo. they are dcpr8e 4339, would have been nice to be mentioned it manual. Anyways I put the new ones in, i don't have the owens corning lub. they mention putting around coil connectors, some old stuff is still there. i then fired it up to see if it would turn over, just for 5 seconds, fired up, but a fair amount of smoke out the back, could this be from the fogging oil i put in the spark plugs and in the chambers?

Install plugs w/o the top. Make sure when you buy them that they can be removed. You can run the ski for 30secs or so off the hose....the danger being the exhuast heating up if run too long off or outa the water.

Dunno bout your smoke....you sure the coil packs are on all the way?

For a safety thing I use anti seize on the threads. Why'd you fog the motor then put in new plugs?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am winterizing the unit. so i am putting new plugs in. so I sprayed fogging oil down the chambers and on the plugs, i thought that is what i am supposed to do. i actually have not fogged the unit yet. next is oil change, the flush antifreeze thru the system.

Well.....dunno 'bout all that. When I winterize my skis all I do is dump a can of seafoam in the tank...fill with fresh 91+...run for a bit to make sure all the good stuff gets through the injectors....then shut 'er down. Every few weeks I fire them up to keep the batteries up...but that's it.

I don't replace the plugs and do an oil/filter change till spring.

i don't know this what i have told by others here. i am in Canada so i also have to flush coolant throw the system. i just bought a bilge pump, some clear hose to to put in a bucket of antifreeze then connect to seadoo flush hose and run it for a bit.

Yeah...I understand you don't want water sitting in your exhaust system. My last trip from the lake the trailer gets up ended...set back down fire the ski a coupla more times and repeat till it's empty. I store mine in a garage..not heated..but not -40F either.

Replace plugs in spring after first tank of fuel burns off fogging oil. Don't replace plugs in fall.

you need to spray fogging oil through the injector holes and you must remove the fuel rail, then crank over with throttle held wide open but this is the final step, everything else is done before this.

if you don't fog the valves and comb chamber, the valve stems can rust and I believe this is the main reason the 4tec drops/breaks valves, improper winterization.

ok so new plugs are in, should i take out then, and put old ones in for now?

injector holes are located where? sorry not very mechanically inclined.

Once you fog the cylinders, you are not supposed to start the motor. The smoke you saw was the fogging oil burning off, and it is no longer effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back