spark.....no spark....spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomski

I just finished putting together the '92 XP with the SBT short block. Checked the spark last night and it was very strong... this morning, when I was going to actually get it started and then of course winterize it, I had no spark. When this ski went down originally, it was due to an engine failure and nothing to do with anything electrical that I was aware of. After fiddling around with some of the wiring again in the grey box , my wife and I were able to get it to spark and got it to run! Runs great! But then again after a minute it would shut down again and loose spark... I would run the starter and we would mess with some wires thinking there has to be a short somewhere and again in some cases it would fire and some cases it wouldn't. While we did have it running , again we jostle around some of the wiring in the grey box to see if it would shut down, but it wouldn't... but then would... any clue for what might be happening here would be greatly appreciated, thanks

It's possible that the intermittent problem is in the MPEM(multi purpose electronic module) but it pays to check all the other connections first. With a multi-meter on the ohm setting you can check the spring loaded lanyard and the start/stop button. Pull the wire connections apart with a couple pair of needle nose and shine them up and then snap them back in with some di-electric grease on them.

Thanks Matt... I always struggle when it comes to this electrical business.... I did recently get a complete grey box including the mpem from a fellow here on this forum...(seriously decent guy) I believe it's possible that the mpem unit is not functioning as it should...again thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back