Sonar transducer challenger 230

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

westislandguy

I bought the echomap Garmin 95sv for navigation and it came with sonar transducer. Not too keen on drilling holes to mount it, i was told that some people epoxy them directly on the hull. Have any of you installed a transducer on a challenger 230? The boat already comes with depth finder, where is it located, perhaps I could Install the transducer beside it?

Thanks.

An easy way to test is (with the system powered up) to place the transducer in a plastic bag with water, then place it in various locations in the bilge to see where you get the most consistent readings. Once you have a good spot, mark it, then epoxy the transducer in place. Twist and wiggle the transducer as you install to eliminate air bubbles.

This will help

I installed a thru-hull transducer from hummingbird. On the 180 there is a nice flat spot adjacent to the factory depth finder. The closer to the center you can get the less it will cut out in chop/waves. Also take into account the angle if you mount it on an angle your depth readings may be slightly deeper and any sonar/fish marks will be on an angle in the water column not necessarily directly below you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back