Solved, 787 not getting above 5000 rpm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

drake1

So three carb rebuilds, impeller replacment, jet pump replacment and new ravs I was still not getting above 5000 rpms unless the water was glass and I had to pump the throttle. So after putting some thought into it and it was happening at the exact rpm every time so fuel really shouldn't be an issue since it's to regular. I took the boat out and pulled up the raves by hand and no more issues. I took the raves and caps along with the bottom housing to a guy I know at a r and d engine shop and he ran everything through a laser scanner and discovered the bottom housing on both were overly warped to the point that the gasket couldn't make up the difference and was letting the air that fills the bellows out. And pumping the throttle would let enough exaust pressure off the raves and the little presses getting to the bellows would allow them to open. Funny since the never had any black soot there. Ordered 2 new bottom rave bases and never had an issue since, he said the aluminum used in it was a type what will distort over age with heat and is no longer used in castings. I hope this helps others as I have seen alot of post about the 5000 rpm issue
Thanks jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back