so long 180SP and hello 230 wake

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cycleguy88

I just traded my 180sp in yesterday and went home with a new 230wake. This thing is huge! I loved the 180, but the room was not nearly enough. It felt like the power would suffer if I had more than 4 adults in it, and it was hard to move around in. This 230 is better in every way. It kind of looks as though another company made it, since everything is a bit more refined (as is should be for the price they get for them). I had them move my 2nd battery set up from the 180 onto the 230 as well. For now I'm just going to leave the boat alone for this summer and work on improving the stereo over winter. There were a few things that I wanted on the 180 that just weren't there, and this boat had it. I got a decent deal on my trade since it was still so new, so I figured I'd take advantage of the offer and do it. They've already got my boat sold!
Here are a couple of pics of when I picked her up. It was raining so I didnt take the covers off.

Attachments

• new boat 002.jpg
    new boat 002.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 94
  • new boat 001.jpg
    new boat 001.jpg
    494.4 KB · Views: 105
Congrats on the new boat. I just bought a 2008 230 Wake this year and am very pleased so far. The boat IS huge and has ample room for you and plenty of friends and enough power to snatch anyone out of the water with a boat full of passengers. I will warn you that those twin supercharged motors are very thirsty so be prepared to drop a couple hundred bucks for fuel every weekend.

hey congrats yourself too then. i know about the fuel, but i'm ok with it. I figure it'll be about double what i used up in the180.

Really nice boat . We have the Speedster 200 (2008) and it's getting tight as the kids get older.THis looks like a real option as I will like never own an i/o boat. What I really like is the direction Seadoo is going with their graphics. Let the lines of the boat show themselves vs doing away these Tonka toy type vinyl stickers with the SEADOO letters splashed along the entire side of the boat.

Enjoy...don't worry about the gas. It's just part of owing a boat.

Sweet boat! Like the truck too. Congrats on the upgrade. I considered upgrading from the speedster 150 to a 210 but didn't like the fact there are two engines, meaning two to refuel and winterize every year. Other than that, I love the larger boats. Plus the storage is a bit of an issue for me. I wish the tower on the speedster was more like that of the 230. I realize there is a much larger deck rail to attach that kind of tower to as compared with the 150. Does the tower have some kind of quick disconnect to raise and lower the tower with one person? Again, congrats and post some pics catching some mad air on a wake board, bc I know that thing has to throw up a nice wake.

Sweet boat! Like the truck too. Congrats on the upgrade. I considered upgrading from the speedster 150 to a 210 but didn't like the fact there are two engines, meaning two to refuel and winterize every year. Other than that, I love the larger boats. Plus the storage is a bit of an issue for me. I wish the tower on the speedster was more like that of the 230. I realize there is a much larger deck rail to attach that kind of tower to as compared with the 150. Does the tower have some kind of quick disconnect to raise and lower the tower with one person? Again, congrats and post some pics catching some mad air on a wake board, bc I know that thing has to throw up a nice wake.

The main reason I went to a speedster200 was for the 2 engines....believe me, when you get suck out in the water and am a sitting duck until someone decides to help you out, you will be thinking about having a 2nd engine so that you can get back to shore!! I am actually looking at upgrading to a 210 or possibly a 230....would rather have the 230 for space but I can get the 210 in my garage!!

I wish I could get this thing in my garage. I took it out yesterday and the wake is nice and big. So far I haven't come up with anything I don't like about it. Thanks for the comments guys.

The tower has levers on each side that you turn and then lower it. I doubt I'll ever have it down tho

Great boat, I had a look at one recently myself. Very nice. I was surprised at how much storage is lost due to the hard tanks. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on how the dry storage area compares to the c180.
Cheers

The storage is still tons more than the 180. The 210 has more underseat storage in the back but the cubic feet is still less than the 230. Go figure. Honestly I have everything on the boat and still have nothing in drivers side console or under the front seats. It's crazy big man. I wasn't even trying to get one yet but the dealer just asked and made me a great deal.

It was a hard choice between the 230 and 210. The 210 has better features but it's just big enough. I didn't want to get the 210 and wish later that I got the bigger one. Plus the ballast is nearly 3x bigger. My girl likes the sun pad too.

Be sure the dealer set up your boat right, When I got mine, I spent about 2 weeks resetting everything back up, Be sure the connectors on your roswell tower speakers are set up right and the wetsounds amp is set up right. Make sure its on the switch on the front is on high and turn the gain 3/4 up. The other thing to watch as well is the coolent can get low with the heater, keep a eye on that. Other than that, I live in colorado and my rpm's are running at 7600ish. Great wakeboard boat, the perfect pass is amazeing, level 5 at 22 is the best with very little washout, and when you have a rider make sure to turn slightly to the direction your boarder is on, gives the most cripst wake. Those are my 2 cents enjoy!

Any of you guys with the wake's have pictures of the wakes they put out? I am going to call my dealer tomorrow and see if they do any demo days out on the lake. I would be really torqued if I spent big money on one of these to end up disappointed in the wake. I saw a 230/240 yamaha on the water last weekend and I was NOT impressed with the wake on it at all. looked rough with some spray and no smooth lip nowhere.

The main reason I went to a speedster200 was for the 2 engines....believe me, when you get suck out in the water and am a sitting duck until someone decides to help you out, you will be thinking about having a 2nd engine so that you can get back to shore!! I am actually looking at upgrading to a 210 or possibly a 230....would rather have the 230 for space but I can get the 210 in my garage!!

Yup, believe me I would have gone for 2 engines as well, but seadoo has made a huge difference in price now.. Hopefully the build quality is better now... The price on a 2012 speedster 200 is 40gs right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back