So I bought an RFI ski...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgoodwin10

I recently picked up a '00 GTX RFI ski and trailer for $250. I bought the combo for the trailer and consider the ski as a bonus... I've just got to figure out what to do with it. Said ski is below:

102.jpg

I put a battery in it and to my surprise everything works and the gauge only shows 60 hours, though I have yet to compression test it. I'm a carb guy and haven't worked on these at all, so I am fairly clueless as to how these RFI skis work and google searches haven't really gotten me any consistent helpful info.

My preference is to salvage the drivetrain to use in another project instead of parting this unit out, but I'm here to ask for advice. I like t having the benefits of fuel injection, but I know it comes with complicated electronics that require a computer to diagnose. I've been contemplating purchasing Candoo pro anyway, so consider that a non issue. For you guys that have dealt with these, what are the ins and outs of the RFI motors? Are they typically reliable when they're maintained? Should I bring this ski back to life or part it out? Feel free to post links to other threads for me to read.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can make much money if you bring it back to full life. many members here can tell you. The repair manuals are available for free on the Internet. A repair shop my scan it for a reasonable cost. You get it running right and clean it up nice. You will be surprised what someone will pay for it.

01 RFI Ski is great! Fuel economy less smoke , uses less oil was a pleasure to work on compared to my carb ski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back