So confused

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have an 01 bombardier gti and the damn thing runs fine with a hose but as soon as I'm in the water it wont start. Just turns over until the battery dies. I just had to weld my oil Injection tank because it w as s leaking extremely bad and I pulled the carb off and cleaned it. Any ideas on this issue with not starting once in water?

So I have an 01 bombardier gti and the damn thing runs fine with a hose but as soon as I'm in the water it wont start. Just turns over until the battery dies. I just had to weld my oil Injection tank because it w as s leaking extremely bad and I pulled the carb off and cleaned it. Any ideas on this issue with not starting once in water?

Check compression, also, rotary valve cover clearance can be a factor since you'll get enough wear over time it falls out of spec. As a result, you could get hard start problems in the water. Carb may need a OEM kit rebuild beyond just cleaning, but if it's starting on the trailer and not in the water this might not be the issue.

That's fairly low compression. But it's even. Another important test to do is a leakage test. It's more involved than a compression test, however if your motor isn't air tight it's not going to run right, especially with the added resistance of being in water.

How well does it run out of water? Are your carbs tuned? Spark plugs wet or chalky white? How long do you have to crank it for it to start out of water?

There's no pump inside the tank, the fuel pump is integrated into your carburetor. The tank is pressurized with two check valves, they're probably up front under the front storage compartment.

Also, food for thought, if you're cranking and cranking until your battery dies, you're doing a lot of harm to your starter , solenoid, and to the battery. If it requires significant crankage to start your ski, something else is maladjusted (carbs, tired starter, engine leakage, low compression, etc.) that could leave you stranded out in the water later on

Last edited:
If there is an air leak bad enough to cause hard starting it will typically run away on the trailer.

That's fairly low compression. But it's even. Another important test to do is a leakage test. It's more involved than a compression test, however if your motor isn't air tight it's not going to run right, especially with the added resistance of being in water.

How well does it run out of water? Are your carbs tuned? Spark plugs wet or chalky white? How long do you have to crank it for it to start out of water?

There's no pump inside the tank, the fuel pump is integrated into your carburetor. The tank is pressurized with two check valves, they're probably up front under the front storage compartment.

Also, food for thought, if you're cranking and cranking until your battery dies, you're doing a lot of harm to your starter , solenoid, and to the battery. If it requires significant crankage to start your ski, something else is maladjusted (carbs, tired starter, engine leakage, low compression, etc.) that could leave you stranded out in the water later on
it already got me stranded lol thats why im trying to get this situated so i can not have to worry about that

Clamp a multimeter to your battery and record it why starting it. Mine would do this and it turned out my starter was bad and draining the battery voltage and the battery that came with the ski when I bought it was to small. I put a new battery and starter and it works great now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back