Ski starts immediately when connecting DESS to post!?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan2039

Hello all. New to the forum. Been searching around everywhere and can’t seem to find someone with this problem...

Out on the lake this weekend with my machine. Been working great for the last two days wakeboarding/hour long rides etc. yesterday afternoon we take it off the anchor and go to start up. It sputters and then shuts off. Did this about 3 times in a row. I took the key off check it for dirt and when I go to put it back on the post it starts up without me pressing the start/stop switch as well as will not turn off when I press the start/stop switch. Now the only way I can start or stop the machine is by the connecting and disconnecting the key. To make matters worse it temporarily popped a P0339 check engine code (but is no longer there) and at the boat ramp yesterday when putting it to bed for the evening it completely died and the motor cranks over but won’t start. I think my weekend is over but if there is something I can do I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Update. Went out this morning to check connections and see if it will start received new code this morning P 0337. Read online symptoms is possibly bad battery? Does sea doo start themselves immediately when battery dying as safe guard?

Last edited:
Bad battery can do all kinds of strange things on these sensitive electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back