Setting Up My Trailer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up a pair of 1990s Seadoos a few weeks ago and I am trying to make sure the trailer is all set up properly. The previous owner kept them on the trailer adjacent to the lake at his house and didn't really use it much for transporting over the road. Therefore I want to make sure every thing is working and functioning correctly for this season. I already installed some tie down straps in the back that I still have to cut off the excess length I know.

One thing that stands out to me is how long the wooden bunks extend out from the back. To me it looks like they could be cut off a foot or so. I also have to re-carpet that area obviously. The last owner cut off that section of carpet just recently as it had been getting quite dirty and worn.

He had also installed a make shift storage box in the front of the trailer. Not sure what he stored in there. What would you?

Other trailer thoughts?
IMG_1160.JPGIMG_1161.JPGIMG_1162.JPGIMG_1166.JPGIMG_1167.JPGIMG_1169.JPG

They're close. I would probably just align the WS6806DV ski so the bow stop is actually in the center like it is on the other ski. Those bunks are so long because someone probably had 3 seater skis on it. The box....you could store oil, tools, vests if it's clean etc.....

A few other questions come to mind. I still wonder about those wooden bunks. I think they stick out too far from the trailer for the purposes of these Skis. The old owner just kept them on the trailer down near the lake in his backyard which is why I think they are longer.

Also, so many other trailers seem to have the bunks angled 45 degrees. These curiously do not. Is it critical that I fix that? How hard would that be? Just angle the brackets 45 degrees and reattach them diagonally or is there more to it than that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back