sedoo mechanic - Ontario/Niagara/Hamilton/Haldimand

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

GtxJ

Anyone know of any good seadoo mechanics in the niagara/hamilton/haldimand/dunnville areas?

Kyle Holmes, St. Catharines, factory trained, and races seadoos with me, and has the candoo if necessary, works out of his home, is the most knowledgeable ( genius at times) , this side of Toronto! And he will make house calls if you make it worth his while. Call him and leave a message, tell him pops sent you.(905 933 1887) .you will not regret it, there are not many good honest seadoo techs left.

Sorry to hear that. Okay, l know he is getting married soon, but he is the man. Try just texting him, that's what I do.

I'm looking to buy my first boat this spring. I live in the Hamilton Brantford area. Anyone here have 1) an inspection list to use on my first look, 2) a mechanic to check it out if I like it, 3) know anything about the guys in Brampton/Caledon who seem to be buying and selling used Sea-Doo boats. They have some nice looking boats on trader and Kijiji at what seem like reasonable prices. Thanks!

Buyer beware totally, we have had customers get totally burned,..,happens every spring/ summer.,,,often for $ 3000 ( motor is done) , last summer $14 000 on a jet boat with twin 4 tecs,,,It had been totally sunk! The boat was junk!!! Do not buy a jet boat, unless you see it being driven in the water for at least 20 minutes! Even then, it is going to cost you money! People get rid of boats/ pwc's for a reason, usually it is for a bad reason! Once in a while it is for a good reason! ,,,and this is not the norm!!!

I work at marine maid in grimsby, we have the best mech on the planet,,,yes,, we inspect prospective purchases,,,but it is rare for the seller to allow a mechanic to go thoroughly through a boat or pwc.

Ok Popps, thanks for the caution. As a first time boat buyer, how do you suggest finding and vetting a used boat purchase? Is an i/o a safer choice? Thanks for the fast response!!

At the shop I do the pwc's ,,,Eddie does the boats, Chris the owner, has tons of knowledge too and knows everything about boats! Go onto the web site Marinemaid.ca. And send in an email. Or..better still, .take a trip down to the shop,,,call first, we are closed Monday thru the winter,and sometimes the guys are away on runs,,, Chris and or Eddie will answer all your questions without making you feel dumb. Hope this helps.

50, I also apologize that Kyle did not get back to you, he is the pwc man in our area. Must be busy I guess from wedding plans.

Back