Seat Removable?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're should be bolts under them, very tight fit in front of engine.
front ones may need accessed thru floor compartment and/or cupholders, also a very far and tight fit. They have nice kits on ebay

So the bolts to hold the bottom but piece of the seat down are located above the fuel tank. You're going to have to really reach in there and remove the bolts. But how I suggest fixing that for future is to replace the bolts with threaded lags and spread them down through the fiberglass in. Just be careful not to give too long otherwise you will pierce your fuel tank. This way next time you don't have to reach your arm underneath on top of the fuel tank to loosen the bolts. There is four going across the two outer ones are the worst to get your arm into.

One of these got taken consideration is who owned the boat before you. If somebody on the boat before you and possibly replace the seats they may have tried to jerry-rig the seats down in a different form or fashion. If you are the original owner that unfortunately you're going to have to reach you underneath and grab the bolts and unscrew the bolts from every single section.

The armrest on the back part of the seat the three-piece section are screwed down and the only way to access them is through the hole that the throttle comes out of in the cup holder on the other side. The back bolts are easy to get to the one you're going to have to loosen and disconnect the MPEG control box. The other seat back the jump one or the backwards one you're going to have to reach into the ice chest to unscrew that one. The bottom part for that you're going to have to reach in underneath into the floor compartment to unscrew those. The front seat all the way in the knows you're going to have to carefully pry it up and it will slide off special clips. The bottom piece is held on with plastic push rivets. The probably have to replace them. Unlike me I replace them with velcro because I just couldn't seem to get new ones to work right

Those bottom seat bolts are insane to get at to remove and I gave up on trying to put back in. I cut key-hole slots in the glass and brazed some SS fender washers on the bolts. I used red Loctite on the threads to keep the bolts from moving once I got the right tension adjusted. I fastened an L-bracket to each end of the seat and those then hold the seat in place with a 1/4-20 philips bolt into T-nuts epoxied to the back side of the fiberglass. The bolts are hidden by the protruding edge of the seat. I now can get the seat bottom off for cleaning, etc. in just a few seconds!IMG_0879.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back