Seadoo XP Limited 1999 VTS doing nothing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I manage to get the trim fix fitted and all working so now I’m just trying to do the sensor and the magnet but where is the worm screw located is it behind the motor inside the housing or under the boot next to the prop?

@ahfvet have you ever had the problem with the magnet where when the VTS is at the very bottom it gets suck behind the housing plastic and then can't come back up. I guess ill have to time it when its near the bottom so it does not do it.

@Joeeyireland on this I'm probably no help. We found we didn't have to use the magnet on our 94 XP skis. I guess since the trim position indicator is directly integrated with the VTS motor and is all housed together in the front of the hull on this model, we thankfully didn't have to pursue the use of the magnet (nor did we mess with the worm screw, although we really sweated about it). We've been using the trim all season without any overtravel issues...of course we actively avoid holding down the VTS switch up or down....we just bump it carefully when we approach max travel either way on the indicator. So far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back