Seadoo xp 951 oil injection

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

julius gomez

I replaced all the 3/32 oil lines on my xp and drained the tank. When I was draining the tank I relized that the 90degree fitting on the bottom of the tank wasent letting oil thru I assumed that there might be a little valve or somthing that stops it from going thru till the oil pump is going so I connected it back and filled it with oil and I took off the spark plug caps and turned the motor over to see if it worked but no oil was going into the lines not even the one that is connected to the tank. am I doing anything wrong? Is there anything you recommend me to try to make it work . Thank you

there is no valve. well, at least in mine there isn't. you more than likely have a blockage down there. clean it out and try again.

None of them have a valve on the fitting so if yours is blocked you need to find out why.

You also need to put on a new oil filter and you will need to open the bleed screw on the oil pump to get the air out before priming the little 3/32" lines.

Finally just cranking the engine over will not pump any oil at all. You have to start the ski and with it at idle hold the oil pump lever wide open by hand until the lines self prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back