RESTO Seadoo XP 1993 Project

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyItsRhys

Hello!

I'm new here, and quite frankly, a new jet ski owner. I've always wanted to get a jet ski, but never had the price to cover one, until I found a Seadoo XP 1993 for sale on facebook, coming at £500, which included the trailer, 2 engines (Original is in bits), and 3 different hoods.

20210828_130221.jpg

I had to replace the starter solenoid, due to it not firing, I don't have any pictures of that sadly.

Also had to fix the fuel sender, the magnet simply fell out, found a small enough magnet on the fridge, and super glued it in place, again, no pictures sadly. There is more issues with the fuel sender, it only registers full, or empty. Nothing in between.

20211208_192654.jpg20211208_194535.jpg20211208_152922.jpg20211208_201612.jpg

Yes, the clamps are missing, they're arriving tomorrow, which then I will take the fuel lines off, put the clamps on, and put it all back together, then install into the jet ski. I thought I ordered enough fuel line, at 4 metres, but turns out I need 2+ more metres for the return line.

I'm redoing all the lines in the jet ski, fuel, as you seen there, oil, and water. I'm trying to find as much transparent line as possible, since I believe it'd be easier to see problems, such as air bubbles and so on.

The biggest thing I got to do, that I keep forgetting to do, but at the same time keeps getting delayed due to my money going poof, is to test the engine. I need to order 2 new spark plugs, and a coolant sensor before I test it.

I have a lot more to do before the summer, hopefully I can get it done by then. Especially painting it... I've already chosen my colours, top half is going to be matte black alongside a gloss black hood, with small amount of carbon fibre wrap. Middle trim, and bottom half is going to be gloss black. Going to get white vinyl text also.

I do need some help with a part. The guy I bought it from also bought a new steering line, due to the old one being rusty beyond repair, and the fact it was bent. However, the new one seems to be thicker at the threads, than the old one, meaning it wont fit through the hole at the rear, is it wise to make that hole bigger to fit through or?

Last edited:
My two cents, If you already haven't done so download the maintenance guide and the parts manual, they are free. They will help you though your quest of getting everything completed and the ski back running. Look in the parts manual and see if the part you ordered is the right one, if not then I would get the right part. I personally wouldn't modify anything unless I was an expert on the ski and knew it would work. You could also ask the guys on here but they would want to know the part number of what you have!
Also, I wouldn't do anything with the cosmetics unless you are totally confident you can get it running and moving on the water. These things can be tricky, get her moving and then make her look pretty, IMO.

My two cents, If you already haven't done so download the maintenance guide and the parts manual, they are free. They will help you though your quest of getting everything completed and the ski back running. Look in the parts manual and see if the part you ordered is the right one, if not then I would get the right part. I personally wouldn't modify anything unless I was an expert on the ski and knew it would work. You could also ask the guys on here but they would want to know the part number of what you have!
Also, I wouldn't do anything with the cosmetics unless you are totally confident you can get it running and moving on the water. These things can be tricky, get her moving and then make her look pretty, IMO.

I have a Clymer book that came with it which shows everything with the jet ski, electrical diagrams, fuel diagrams, and so on.

I'm quite hesitant to drill into my hull just to fit the steering line in... I have no idea if shops around me will be kind enough for me to trade mine in that came with the jet ski when I bought it, for one that fits, so I guess I would have to ask them, and find out.

Without a doubt, im leaving the cosmetics till last. I have a list of what to do in order.
- Fuel system (Done)
- Oil system
- Cooling system
- Test engine
- If engine runs, put back into the jet ski and connect everything, and then bleed the system with its new lines, and test again
- Work on the impeller
- If the impeller is working fine, then work on the steering and VST
- If everything runs, and is working, then I will take it to a local sail boat lake with their permission to test it, other than the open sea...
- If everything is good, and runs nicely, then I will do the cosmetics

20211209_125936.jpg

Fuel system is partly done, just have to get more line for the return, and make it a bit more tidy. Ngl, im rather pleased with it.

Now its time to do the oil system, and to give the hull another clean...

I have found the part number of the steering line that I got with the jet ski, 277-000-289 315-3 USA HLX, I've looked at it already, and it is for mine, but just the year up... Which is rather annoying.

I've brought some reinforced PVC hose, and normal PVC hose, I've put the reinforced on the exhaust sections. But now im having second thoughts about attaching normal PVC hose to the water inlet, and outlet of the top block, does anyone know what the temp of the exhaust water would be? Including that top block? Hoping its 50 degree C or less... The PVC hose can only take 60 degree c.

This is the type of design im going for from this thread since it looks pretty damn good.
530.jpg

Yes, it looks good but why not just use the OEM hoses. The OEM ones don't go bad.

I'm going for as much transparent hose as I possibly can, since if there is a blockage that I don't know about, and I'm using the original hose, I wouldn't be able to tell, until its too late, or, it'd just make my life harder to find where it is without taking everything apart, but with using transparent hose, I can see where the blockage is, if there is trapped air, and how good the flow is. Like to make maintenance easy as possible. I know it's rare, or impossible for this to happen, but still, like to make sure.

Most of the original hose went grim anyway, which is the one of many reasons to why I'm replacing it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back