Seadoo speedster 200 wake add tow hook

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda1976

Premium Member
Premium Member
Just wondering if there are any concerns to add a row hook as below to a speedster 200 wake boat. Want it to pull 4 person tubes so I don’t put strain on tower or pop up pole.
IMG_1110.JPGIMG_0978.JPG

I'm surprised it doesn't come with one already. Usually, they put those in a pretty beefy spot. If it's not properly reinforced, it may flex and crack the gel-coat. Depending on how thick of fiberglass you're mounting to, I'd add some additional aluminum on the inside to spread the load out. I'd also sealant around the hole upon installation. I'd say if it's 1/2" or thicker, you'll be fine. Less than 1/4" and I wouldn't mount at all.

I thought the same thing that it should of came with one from the factory, I was planning to use a plate behind it. Anyone else ever add one?

I wondered about that myself after seeing one at my local dealer. I don't think that there is room to put one in the back on account of the way the engine hatch is designed. I think you would be better off buying a tow harness that connects to the tie down hooks.

Never heard of a harness that connects to the tie down hooks?? Got a picture or link. But I want to to be able to handle a 4 person tube

And you connect that to the 2 tie downs for the boat? That’s cool in a way. Would that be to close to the impellers to get sucked in? You ever try one

And you connect that to the 2 tie downs for the boat? That’s cool in a way. Would that be to close to the impellers to get sucked in? You ever try one
Never tried one. You can find it on amazon with reviews with people who have used it. Think it has a float to keep it from getting caught in propulsion. Also think since it’s sits lower than a tow hook you’d want to get a float ball so the tow rope doesn’t create a ton of water spray for the tubers.

I have a tow rope with the ball but it does seem to make a water spray now for the tubers, but it is worth shot to try it

you don't want to put a tow hook on the flip up hatch. it only has 6 10mm bolts and a 2 thin metal rod hinges holding the whole thing on.

use the side hooks like suggested above and you'll be fine.

I believe you are right I will get a harness that floats and hope not to suck it in the jet lol. My tube rope has a ball on it already, do you think the auto center ones are better?

I personally don't really know if it would be better or not. Sounds like it would help but don't really know if it's something that is needed or if it would affect the tuber's ride. No experience with this.

On a side note if you didn't notice your screen capture reveals a ship to name (possibly yours).

I have installed them on the back of the swim platform and didn't have any issues, you would have to dig out some of the foam from the inside of the hull to install it, the hook I use is from a challenger 210, it is more of a flush mounted hook so people won't catch their life jacket on it getting on a off the boat and less chance of bashing your knee off of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back